Space Shutter
The Book Thief
Saturday, August 27, 2011 ✿ 2:37 AM ✿ 0 Shutter Comments
How, ironic really. I've read the Lightning Thief and the Talent Thief, now this. I've seen this book like a hundred times before when I'm searching for books. Remember when I said I was a sucker for pretty-fied coverings? well it striked again :3. and TADA- ignored it again. Until mid-july when I saw it in the Book Festival thingy here in our place. I was sort of interested in it but I ditched it for Dork Diaries: Part Time XD.When it was time to buy it though, the book thingy was OVER. So I went to NBS and on the bright side: THEY HAVE IT, on the dark side: IT’S MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE. So I decided to buy it on another day. When that day came THERE WAS A FRCKN SALE, and the book Thief was 100 pesos less XP. See how one book can cause so much hassle? STILL WORTH IT.
  • Name: The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
  • My Random Simplified Summary: Brother dies. Finds a book. Pees on her bed. Father teachers her to read.Hitler Youth. Steals a book. Mum got fired. Steals a book. (ok I'll stop here. when making book reviews here in my blog, I dread making MRSS because, I'm not good at making summaries. but really, this is a good book!)
  • GOOD REVIEW: it's absolutely positively lovely. Written with humor and a little something I can't put my hands on. IT'S NARRATED BY DEATH! tho it doesn't make it special or anything, but it fits the story. I read this book to pass time and I didn't expect it to be my favorite book but yeah change of plans. I didn't "AUTOMATICALLY" fell in love with the characters like PJO and 39 Clues etc. Like the Hunger Games, I needed time for the characters to impress me in some sort of way. By the end part one: the gravedigger's handbook I was so hooked with the characters that I couldn't put it down. I love all the characters, they're very memorable, especially the Hubermanns because they're pretty much like my parents. I like the format how it was written the chapters were named for example: PROLOGUE: A MOUNTAIN RANGE OF RUBBLE and inside of it has mini-stories about the chapter.There's also in every chapter there are 2-3 fact-poem thingys:


  • BAD REVIEW: Let's see the bad side. No.1 thingy is profanity. The occasional saukerl and saumensch is said by Rosa Hubermann and other German words, thank goodness there wasn't any strong, foul-mouthed cusses(but I still advise reader discretion). The other thing is  Nazi violence and descriptions of the Jews( but don't worry it's very limited just a few scenarios here and there). The DEPRESSION, at one point after sniffling in Rudy's death, I threw the book on the bed and screamed "WHY!?WHY!?" which I found very therapeutic. Do not turned off of what you are reading here, I promise you it's quite pleasant actually but it's NOT a light read.
  • BOOK QUOTE: "Clearly you are an idiot-but you are our kind of idiot. Come on!" -Arthur Berg. pg. 15( I like this quote a LOT)
  • OVERALL RATING: 10 (I do not care for the profanity)

Older PostNewer Post
Me You Home
DashboardFollow

Little Disclaimer;


A fourteen year-old kiddo who's ready to conquer the world. Pretty much the boss of everything ♔.
Underline Strike Bold Italic

Lets Mengumpat;


Credditostata;
✿ Skins by Husna
✿ Basecodes by Jaja
✿ Graphics by WeHeartIt